ACGT takes great pride in the friendly, team-oriented culture of our company. We strive to hire and retain exceptional people, and we value each and every employee contribution.
Below is a list of current openings. Please feel free to check periodically as our careers page is regularly updated.
ACGT has a position available for a Bioinformatics Analyst at our Wheeling, Illinois location. We seek an enthusiastic and experienced candidate who demonstrates competence and skill with large data sets, rapid development and a variety of scripting languages, tools, and programming languages.
M.S. degree or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics or a related field with appropriate experience in developing software. 1-2 years work experience preferred but not required.
Perform basic and advanced analysis on data produced from next generation sequencing systems (DNA-seq, RNA-seq, metagenomics, ChIP-seq, etc.) as well as genotyping and gene expression microarrays. Develop, improve, modify, and operate data analysis pipelines. Experience in de novo sequence analysis, re-sequencing, RNA-Seq. Develop software or use current open source software in conducting data analysis for NGS and microarray datasets at basic and advanced levels. Work closely with experimental researchers to generate/provide analysis reports, project reports and perform requested custom analysis etc.
Strong bioinformatics analysis/scripting experience including proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Perl). Experience in working in a Linux/UNIX environment and experience with cluster computing is a plus. Experience in software design and relevant sequence analysis tools/best practices. Experience with setting up and analyzing Illumina platform NGS datasets; large scale data analysis and sequence assembly and annotation experience is a plus. Knowledge, background and/or experience in molecular biology and microbiology. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects to meet timelines.
Please send cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae via email to the attention of the HR Manager at email@example.com. This is a full time, salaried position, excellent benefits (medical and dental PPO plan and 401K plan). The application process will consist of a programming assignment in commonly used scripting languages, and interview (either in person or via Skype) for select candidates.
ACGT has a position available for a Molecular Biologist at its principal location in Wheeling, Illinois. This position requires at least 1 year of experience with a working knowledge of DNA sequencing and general molecular biology techniques.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols for DNA sequencing, PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA & RNA extraction, plasmid purification, etc.
- Sequence data analysis.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments independently.
- Keep accurate laboratory records and data.
- Responsible for assigned lab duties, maintaining lab stocks, solutions, reagents, and supplies.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving to improve laboratory procedures.
- Responsible for QA/QC procedures, as applicable.
- Master of Science degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or a life science field.
- 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Working knowledge of computer-based information gathering and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
- Ability to work with high throughput assays.
- Ability to prioritize workload with strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing situations and priorities.
- Goal-oriented and focused on completing work on time.
- Effective management of multiple tasks and situations for timely resolution, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Should be able to work on Saturdays when required.
Please send cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae via email to the attention of the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full time, salaried position, excellent benefits (medical and dental PPO plan and 401K plan).