ACGT takes great pride in the friendly, team-oriented culture of our company. We strive to hire and retain exceptional people, and we value each and every employee contribution.
Below is a list of current openings. Please feel free to check periodically as our careers page is regularly updated.
ACGT has a position available for a Molecular Biologist at its principal location in Wheeling, Illinois. This position requires at least 1 year of experience with a working knowledge of DNA sequencing and general molecular biology techniques.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols for DNA sequencing, PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA & RNA extraction, plasmid purification, etc.
- Sequence data analysis.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments independently.
- Keep accurate laboratory records and data.
- Responsible for assigned lab duties, maintaining lab stocks, solutions, reagents, and supplies.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving to improve laboratory procedures.
- Responsible for QA/QC procedures, as applicable.
- Master of Science degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or a life science field.
- 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Working knowledge of computer-based information gathering and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
- Ability to work with high throughput assays.
- Ability to prioritize workload with strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing situations and priorities.
- Goal-oriented and focused on completing work on time.
- Effective management of multiple tasks and situations for timely resolution, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Should be able to work on Saturdays when required.
Please send cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae via email to the attention of the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full time, salaried position, excellent benefits (medical and dental PPO plan and 401K plan).