For the identification of clonal cultured fungal and yeast samples, ACGT offers DNA sequence analysis of a short PCR-amplified targets, which include D2 region of the 28S rRNA gene and a variety of ITS1 and ITS2 targets, as described in Bokulich and Mills, 2013, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 79:8. Consensus sequences are used in a BLAST search of public databases.
Additional custom sequence targets can be analyzed if required or requested.
- Extraction of the genomic DNA
- PCR amplification of the 300-500 base pair sequence
- Double strand DNA sequencing
- Identification based on the best information available on public databases
- Analysis report including top 5 matches
- electopherograms and consensus sequence
- Three to five-day turnaround time
Complex mixtures of yeast or fungal species can be analyzed by our NGS Metagenomic Analysis.