For the identification of clonal cultured bacterial samples, ACGT offers DNA sequence analysis of a short PCR-amplified region of the 16S rRNA gene, followed by a BLAST search of public databases. A variety of 16S rRNA targets can be evaluated, as described in Klindworth et al., Nucleic Acids Research, 2013, Vol. 41, No. 1. Various archeal species can also be identified by this approach.
If desired, an entire 16S rRNA sequence can be analyzed and identified. Additional custom sequence targets can be analyzed upon request.
- Purification of genomic DNA from colonies or cell pellets*
- PCR amplification of 16S rRNA gene targets
- Double strand sequencing
- Identification based on the best information available on public databases
- Analysis report including top 5 matches, electropherograms and consensus sequences
- Three to five-day turnaround time
*Please note that we do not grow or culture any bacterial species other than the standard laboratory strains of E. coli.
Complex mixtures of bacterial species can be analyzed by our NGS Metagenomic Analysis.