ACGT provides an amplicon size-based genotyping of Short Tandem Repeats (STRs) and microsatellites (MS). The application of fluorescent probe-tagged PCR primers and multiple ABI 3730XL Genetic Analyzers allows us to screen hundreds of samples each day. A high volume of samples can also be evaluated on the Fragment Analyzer™ Advanced Analytical Technologies (AAT) platform.
STR Genotyping Service Description:
- Design and synthesis of fluorescent-labeled PCR amplification primers for individual or multiplex strategies.
- Optimization of PCR amplification conditions for detecting STR and MS loci.
- PCR amplification of STR loci and separation on the ABI 3730XL or Fragment Analyzer.
- Allele size and identity determination with GeneMapper ID software.
- Verification of the data and allele calls by expert personnel.
- Data is presented in user-friendly spreadsheets that contain allele size and intensity.
- All results are available in electronic and hard copy formats including a publication quality electropherogram of each sample with a reference size ladder.
- Our personnel are experienced with difficult to assay samples and we provide assistance with data interpretation.
- A “load-and-go” service is available for customer-prepared fluorescently labeled PCR products.