ACGT takes great pride in the friendly, team-oriented culture of our company. We strive to hire and retain exceptional people, and we value each and every employee contribution.
Below is a list of current openings. Please feel free to check periodically as our careers page is regularly updated.
ACGT has an open position for an IT Manager at our Wheeling, Illinois headquarters and laboratory. The IT Manager is responsible for the smooth and consistent operation in IT system administration, software development, network security, internet applications and voice and data circuits.
- Provide strategic planning for information services within ACGT.
- Maintain effective backups and routine replacement of equipment to ensure network integrity.
- Keeps abreast of current software and technology, investigate, propose and implement network upgrade options, provides support, and tracks needs of researchers and staff. Configure and maintain equipment for use in computing network.
- Develop and work to enforce appropriate network user policies.
- Develop and maintain tools for compiling network usage statistics.
- Maintain network management software responding to bug reports and rapidly developing fixes or workarounds.
- Implement all aspects of network security, including tracking down hackers, repairing hacker damage, spam abatement, recommending security policies and procedures, and developing safe practices.
- Oversee web site development, integration of site with other software and management tools, and technical support for management and staff.
- Manage and administer voice/telephone systems.
- Archive all electronic data.
- Collaborate with internal staff and clients to ensure that the current suite programs are meeting the needs of clients and support staff.
- Develop new software tools for network operations as necessary and maintain consistent documentation.
- Prepare estimated budgets for technical projects (time and materials).
- B.A. or B.S. in IT or Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of computer and network instrument.
- Knowledge of managing computers, servers(Window Servers & Linux), network techniques (Cisco Firewall and Barracuda Networks Products)
- Dependable and committed to quality customer service to assist customer’s needs.
- Ability to work effectively with executive level management.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize workload and strong project management skills.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and situations for timely resolution.
- Good Laboratory Practices (“GLP”) training will be required as this employee will be involved in the conduct of GLP studies and SOP rules/regulation writing.
- Preference for candidate with knowledge in genomic data management in Next Generation Sequencing (“NGS”).
- Effective communication skills.
Please send cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae via email to the attention of HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full-time, salaried position, excellent benefits, medical and dental insurance and 401(K) plan eligibility.